Citizens Climate Lobby monthly meetings
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 12:05:54 -0800 (PST)
Here's a last minute reminder of the next Citizens Climate Lobby monthly
meeting tomorrow morning at 10:45 am at various Twin Cities locations.
Catherine Jordan, Cecelia Newton, and I from CCC/EcoMinds attended portions
of the CCL regional conference last Saturday along with a large and
enthusiastic group of other climate activists, so I expect that enthusiasm
to spill over to tomorrow's meetings.

I read 'The Righteous Mind' last summer, and I've been recommending it to
family and friends since. I encourage you to read the book as well to
assist in engaging in climate conversations with a range of folks from a
variety of political persuasions. Although I'll be discussing the book on
Tuesday at a class I'm taking at the University of Minnesota and wouldn't
ordinarily bus to Linden Hills to hear Haidt, if there are others who are
interested in attending that meeting and let me know, I'd be happy to show
up as well. In that case, perhaps we could gather somewhere nearby for
further discussion afterwards, including considering if we think it would
benefit CCC/EcoMinds folks to read and discuss the book together.

Onward and upward.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

*Next CCL meetings are on Saturday, February 1!*

You are invited to attend whichever of these Saturday February 1st CCL
meetings is most convenient for you:
   * Minneapolis - at Linden Hills Park building, 43rd & Xerxes
   * Eden Prairie - at Eden Prairie Library, 565 Prairie Center Drive
   * Edina - at Southdale Library, 7001 York Avenue South
   * Wayzata - at Wayzata Library, 620 Rice Street
   * St Paul - at Quixotic Coffee, 769 Cleveland Ave (corner of Ford
Parkway) *(note: no meeting at Merriam Park Library)*

Meetings at all of the above locations start at 11:45 am.

The Dakota County chapter will meet at Valley Natural Foods, 13750 County
Road 11, in Burnsville, starting at 9:00 am.

Each month, a notable speaker on a topic related to climate change speaks
to all of the meetings by phone conference call. Guest speaker (by national
conference call) on February 1 will be Jon
athan
 Haidt
,
author of
'
The Righteous Mind
'
. He'll discuss how we came to be so politically polarized as a nation and
what needs to happen to restore a more cooperative system of gove
ning.