Fwd: Urge Laborers' Union to End Support for Tar Sands Pipeline
From: Scott Jackson (sjackzen46gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:47:58 -0700 (PDT)
Another click petition.

Scott Jackson
sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RootsAction Team <info [at] rootsaction.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Subject: Urge Laborers' Union to End Support for Tar Sands Pipeline
To: sjackzen46 [at] gmail.com

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yauIMzLIJkIoYv4GhJs%2B5KFn2Qyxqad1>

*Urge Laborers' Union to End Support for Tar Sands Pipeline
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QMWeM8eQQJDk7cnLGfLEJ6Fn2Qyxqad1>*
*
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kdHehoKKpqN7Kjhjp6I%2FbKFn2Qyxqad1>
*

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=192YrESVIwLn3FTrQZc1E6Fn2Qyxqad1>

[image: GRAPHIC: Sign here
button]<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uIrXGegDzYSNs4%2FFF8uFBqFn2Qyxqad1>

  Share this action on
Facebook<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=die4VU2zNhYAsRnjVDW2ZqFn2Qyxqad1>

Share this action on
Twitter<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VRw5wjGGv5uD16P5bgd2BaFn2Qyxqad1>
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3N%2FEQ1ioP2KhIIG%2BF4m9xTYpsAq5e0ZQ>

*Click here to sign the following petition to the Laborers' International
Union of North
America*<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1HBCU%2BM0LwlLNcUFXpOaN6Fn2Qyxqad1>
:

*We, the undersigned, call upon the Laborers' International Union of North
America to pull back from supporting the Keystone Pipeline. We support the
right to organize and hope to bring back the now-forsaken Employee Free
Choice Act. We applaud your stand for immigrants' rights. We support your
promotion of infrastructure spending, and we supported the efforts of
unions in Connecticut who successfully created a state commission last year
to advance conversion from military to peaceful industries. While we are in
strong agreement with your union in the need to challenge the Democratic
Party, we must take issue with your support of a project that will
contribute dramatically to global warming. Your willingness to oppose
elected officials who fail you demonstrates the independence that all
organizations need. But there's a problem. You're demanding that Congress
members support a tar sands pipeline that will exacerbate the climate
crisis. While workers need the economic justice for which your union
organizes, they also need a healthy environment for themselves and their
children and grandchildren. We run the risk of pushing the climate of
planet Earth over the edge and we need the support of your union in moving
us away from the precipice. We are in unity with you on the need for jobs.
In fact, we wish to join hands with LIUNA and other unions in a movement
for green jobs. There is much that has to be done in this country that can
contribute to a better and safer environment.  The infrastructure needs to
be rebuilt and new industries need to be introduced. We wish to be there
with you in that struggle. But we need you to join with the millions who
see the danger, if not potential catastrophe, inherent in tar sands
pipelines.*

*Click here to
sign*<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XJIPFWOeS8GzeQP3MoRO%2FaFn2Qyxqad1>
.

After signing the petition, *please forward this message to your friends*.
You can also share it from the webpage after taking the action yourself.

-- The RootsAction.org team

P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower,
Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi
Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James
Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.

P.P.S. This work is only possible with your financial support. *Please
donate*<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8DiJUgIrV7O3SohNs%2FFdvqFn2Qyxqad1>
.

Background:
*The Hill:* Union Threatens Retribution for House Dems Opposing
Keystone<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GOh%2FMyWOT9g2e5l0l9vLgDYpsAq5e0ZQ>
*Michael Mann: *Approving Keystone XL Could Be the Biggest
Mistake<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=w3u4MN16hTVp3mKGZEd6x6Fn2Qyxqad1>
*The Nation: *Could Working on Keystone XL Give You Cancer,
Asthma?<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=j6ys7XR2Ng2tz6BFg5Tb%2FaFn2Qyxqad1>
*Bill Shortell:* Labor Unions Must Take on Conversion from War to Peace
Economy<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AA7X%2F3HakdpkfQBuqd1VsqFn2Qyxqad1>

*www.RootsAction.org*<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2JJgb6arNVuq4sqqq57x16Fn2Qyxqad1>
  [image: Donate
button]<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BLQk1vZafLEk6aqzLjlTv6Fn2Qyxqad1>
[image:
Facebook
button]<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Pnig1vUcl35HNskC2d%2FIpaFn2Qyxqad1>
[image:
Twitter
button]<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zIoz8LxFrVO3TNgtklvH%2F6Fn2Qyxqad1>

Click
here<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kLKeYc9qgtdYfBiok5gPlaFn2Qyxqad1>to
unsubscribe and stop ALL email from RootsAction.

     [image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>