FW: ICYMI: Ask the right questions
From: MADELINE SIMON (madeline-mplsmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 14:49:37 -0800 (PST)
Peace,
Madeline

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 16:29:01 -0600
From: reply [at] conservationminnesota.org
To: madeline-mpls [at] msn.com
Subject: ICYMI: Ask the right questions

Conservation Minnesota

Dear Madeline,

Tomorrow, we would love for you to join us at the Minnesota House Mining and
Outdoor Recreation Committee hearing to make sure our legislators ask the
right, tough questions about the proposed sulfide mines in our state.

The Committee will meet from 2:45 - 4:30 PM in Room 10 of the Minnesota State
Office Building (100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., St. Paul, MN
55155).  We suggest you come 30-60 minutes early to ensure you get a seat.
Please register HERE.

Sincerely,
Paul Austin
Paul Danicic
Scott Strand

Donate | Visit Us Online

Dear Madeline,

Will you make sure our legislators ask the right questions about proposed
sulfide mines in Northern Minnesota?  Click HERE to register!

Help us ensure the Minnesota Legislature asks the right questions next Tuesday
during their informational hearing on copper-nickel sulfide mine proposals like
PolyMet and Twin Metals.

Can you attend the hearing?

It's critical that we show our elected officials that Minnesotans are
concerned about the impact of sulfide mine proposals on Minnesota's
land, water, and way of life.  Minnesotans deserve an answer on the following
before this new type of mine is allowed to go forward:

How will state officials and the mining companies prevent a Mount Polley
disaster from happening in Minnesota?
What has the DNR done to address over 58,000 comments on the PolyMet proposal?
What will the DNR and other agencies do to protect Lake Superior and the
Boundary Waters from water pollution from this new type of mining?
How much money will Polymet be required to provide as a Damage Deposit?
Will the state ensure an entirely independent review with outside experts
before the permit is granted to make sure that the specifications for the
building of the tailings dam is adequate?

The Mining and Outdoor Recreation Committee has invited companies that want to
mine sulfide ore in Northern Minnesota to testify and we must ensure the voices
of Minnesotans are heard too.  Will you join?

Event Details:

WHO: You and everybody you know who has questions or is concerned about sulfide
mining

WHAT: Informational hearing on sulfide mining at the Minnesota Capitol

WHEN: 2:45 – 4:30 PM, Tuesday February 3rd. We expect that the room will fill,
so please arrive 30-60 minutes early to ensure you get a seat.

WHERE: Room 10, Minnesota State Office Building (100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther
King Jr. Boulevard, St. Paul, Minnesota 55155.)

WHY: To show the depth of concern Minnesotans have about the impact of sulfide
mining on our state
Thanks for all you do to protect Minnesota from sulfide mining pollution.

Sincerely,

Paul Austin
Executive Director
Conservation Minnesota

Paul Danicic
Executive Director
Friends of the Boundary
Waters Wilderness

Scott Strand
Executive Director
Minnesota Center for
Environmental Advocacy

                   Unsubscribe | Visit our web site | Contact Us | Donate |

                  1101 West River Parkway, Suite 250, Minneapolis, MN 55119
tel: 612.767.2444

                  Mining Truth©  a project of Conservation Minnesota, Friends
of the Boundary Waters Wilderness, and the Minnesota Center for Environmental
Advocacy
2015 All rights reserved.

Conservation Minnesota

1101 West River Parkway, Suite 250