Desserts for CeCe TOMORROW, Court and call-in next week, and the Poster Project!
From: luce guillen-givins (luceriseup.net)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:09:28 -0800 (PST)
In this email:

1. Dec 2: Desserts for CeCe
2. Dec 5: Rally and court support
3. Dec 5: Call/email/fax the Hennepin County Attorney
4. "I stand with CeCe" Poster Project
5. Dec 15: Battling White Supremacy in Minneapolis
-------------------------

1. Dec 2: DESSERTS FOR CECE
Come eat fancy desserts and support CeCe McDonald as she battles a
racist, transphobic prosecution! Vegan and gluten free options available.
When: Friday, Dec 2, 7:00-10:00 pm
Where: Minnehaha Free Space (3458 Minnehaha Ave, Mpls)
Cost: $5-15 suggested donation

2. Dec 5: RALLY AND COURT SUPPORT!
Come out to rally in support of CeCe! Show the media, the judge and the
prosecutor that CeCe has the community behind her!
*What: A hearing on evidentiary motions related to trial (this means
oral arguments back and forth between the defense and prosecution, on
issues like what “evidence” is admissible at trial)
*When: Monday, Dec 5, 8:30 a.m. (rally at 8:00!)
*Where: HennCo Gov’t Ctr, 300 S 6th St, Mpls (Rm 1357)

3. Dec 5: CALL/EMAIL/FAX THE HENNEPIN COUNTY ATTORNEY
*What: Call, email and fax Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman and
tell him to drop the charges against CeCe! Flood the lines and let
Freeman know we won't rest till CeCe is free from this racist,
transphobic prosecution!
*When: Monday, Dec 5, ALL DAY
*Where: From home, work, wherever you find yourself! For suggested
talking and writing points, see:
http://supportcece.wordpress.com/get-involved/callemailfax/
Call Michael Freeman at: 612-348-5540
Fax: 612-348-2042
Email: citizeninfo [at] co.hennepin.mn.us
Future call-in days will be called for: December 16th, 27th, and January
6th.

4. "I STAND WITH CECE" POSTER PROJECT
The “I Stand with Cece” poster project is an effort to capture the
breadth of Cece’s support. We believe that racism and transphobia
permeate all layers of government, and that there is no justice for Cece
in the Hennepin County legal system. We believe that a court system that
defends white supremacists forfeits legitimacy. We call upon the
Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman to drop all charges against
Cece, and we call upon all people of conscious to connect with her case
and engage in efforts to defend her.
Our goal is to create a visual display that will illustrate the
diversity of reasons to stand with Cece. We ask you to participate by
going to:
http://supportcece.wordpress.com/get-involved/i-stand-with-cece-poster-project/

5. Dec 15: BATTLING WHITE SUPREMACY IN MINNEAPOLIS
On Thursday, December 15, please join us for a dinner, talk, and the
unveiling of the "I stand with CeCe" Poster Project. The evening's
program will feature Andrea Jenkins and Rose Brewer talking about issues
of white supremacy and racial justice in relation to the case of CeCe
McDonald, and to the African-American community at large. The event will
also feature the first public display of the "I stand with CeCe" Poster
Project.
*When: Thursday, December 15, Dinner at 6:00pm, program at 7:00
*Where: Walker Community Church, 3104 16th Ave S, Mpls
*Donations accepted, no one turned away for lack of funds, childcare
provided Andrea Jenkins is a community activist and an award-winning
writer, poet and playwright. Rose Brewer is a renowned scholar and
activist deeply involved in struggles for social transformation locally
and globally.

FFI: http://SupportCeCe.wordpress.com