Dec 15 event and Poster Project: "I stand with CeCe"- Battling white supremacy in Minneapolis
From: luce guillen-givins (luceriseup.net)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 15:06:51 -0800 (PST)
Mark your calendars! On Thursday, December 15, join us for a dinner,
talk, and the unveiling of the "I stand with CeCe" Poster Project. The
evening's program will feature Andrea Jenkins and Rose Brewer talking
about issues of white supremacy and racial justice in relation to the
case of CeCe McDonald, and to the African-American community at large.
The event will also feature the first public display of the "I stand
with CeCe" Poster Project. (See below for more info on the poster project)

*When: Thursday, December 15, Dinner at 6:00pm, program at 7:00
*Where: Walker Community Church, 3104 16th Ave S, Mpls
Donations accepted, no one turned away for lack of funds, childcare provided

Andrea Jenkins is a community activist and an award-winning writer, poet
and playwright. Rose Brewer is a renowned scholar and activist deeply
involved in struggles for social transformation locally and globally.

Event co-sponsored by CeCe's Support Committee and Communities United
Against Policy Brutality

**THE POSTER PROJECT**

The “I Stand with Cece” poster project is an effort to capture the
breadth of Cece’s support. We believe that racism and transphobia
permeate all layers of government, and that there is no justice for Cece
in the Hennepin County legal system. We believe that a court system that
defends white supremacists forfeits legitimacy. We call upon the
Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman to drop all charges against
Cece, and we call upon all people of conscious to connect with her case
and engage in efforts to defend her.

Our goal is to create a visual display that will illustrate the
diversity of reasons to stand with Cece. We ask you to participate by
going to,

http://supportcece.wordpress.com/get-involved/i-stand-with-cece-poster-project/

or by dropping in at the Exchange, at 3405 Chicago Ave S, in
Minneapolis, to get an 'I stand with CeCe" poster to complete. Take a
moment to reflect on why you are drawn to Cece’s cause, and then
complete the sentence on the poster:

“Because _________________, I stand with Cece.”

Drop your poster off at the Exchange or bring it to the December 15th
event, "Battling White Supremacy," where we will add it to the display.

Thank you for adding your voice to the mix.

More info on this event and CeCe's case at: http://supportcece.wordpress.com