Progressive Calendar 07.01.12 /2
From: David Shove (shove001umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 13:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
*P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R   07.01.12*

1. CUAPB picnic 7.01 5pm
2. Lakeview sit-in 7.01 6pm

3. Foreclosure     7.02 9am

4. ed  - Capitolism (poem)

--------1 of 4--------

From: Michelle Gross
CUAPB picnic 7.01 5pm

FUN DAY FUNDRAISER
HELP CUAPB GET A NEW OFFICE
Sunday, July 1
5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Wabun-Minnehaha Park, Pavillion B
4655 46th Ave S, Minneapolis
(for directions go to http://mapq.st/OqmzJO )
Suggested donation $10 adults, $5 kids

CUAPB lost everything in the Walker Church fire--our office, our banners
and materials, our computers and our files.  What we haven't lost is our
determination to fulfill our mission of ending police brutality--and we
haven't lost our many friends and supporters.

We're hosting a gathering of friends on Sunday, July 1st to raise funds for
our new office and to mark the birthdays of two of our active
members--Michelle Gross (June 11) and Dori Ullman (July 1).
Clown face painting and other family-friendly fun.
BBQ chicken, beans and rice, and other yummy picnic fare--given a Mexican
twist by our dear friends with Asamblea de Derechos Civiles.
Please come by for family fun and outstanding food, and help us embark on
our new beginning.

Communities United Against Police Brutality
PO Box 7535
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Hotline 612-874-STOP (7867)
Meetings: Every Saturday at 1:30 p.m. location TBD

--------2 of 4--------

From: Steven R. Argue steveargue2 [at] yahoo.com
Lakeview sit-in 7.01 6pm

You are Cordially Invited to:
Dinner and a Movie at the Lakeview Sit-In
Sunday, July 1st - 6 pm

Please join us to celebrate Day 16 of the Lakeview Sit-In and the People's
School with a community potluck and film screening this Sunday, July 1st,
at 6 pm. For two weeks now we've been running a free summer program out of
occupied Lakeview Elementary, serving over 30 children with programming in
social justice, art, PE, and gardening. At the same time, we've been
organizing to pressure Tony Smith and the school board to reopen all five
closed elementary schools, repudiate the state debt, stop busting teacher
and school workers' unions, reverse the cuts to special education, and
fully fund public education for every student.

This Sunday, we kick back and grub. The potluck starts at 6 pm at the
People's School (746 Grand Ave), followed by a screening of "The
Inconvenient Truth behind Waiting for Superman." Please bring a dish or a
non-alcoholic beverage to share.

In love and solidarity, The Lakeview Sit-In and People's School for Public
Education

--------3 of 4--------

From: TruthToTell andydriscoll [at] truthtotell.org via host.langmultimedia.com
Foreclosure 7.02 9am

TruthToTell Monday, July 2 - 9AM: FORECLOSURE & BETRAYAL: Sticking It to
Homeowners-Again - KFAI FM 90.3/106.7/KFAI.org
Tune in this coming Monday from 9:00 am to 10:00 am on KFAI, (90.3 FM in
Minneapolis, and 106.7 FM in St. Paul) to catch our upcoming program:
Monday, July 2, 2012
TruthToTell Monday, July 2 - 9AM: FORECLOSURE & BETRAYAL: Sticking It to
Homeowners-Again - KFAI FM 90.3/106.7/KFAI.org
Remember - call and join the conversation - 612-341-0980 - or Tweet us
@TTTAndyDriscoll or post onTruthToTell's Facebook page.

It's 2012. Four years since the "crash" of 2008, when the real bailout
could have been to the bank, but through the device of saving homeowners
from the conflagration of foreclosures from the crooked system of subprime
loads to people who might not have been able to afford a mortgage of any
size, but at usurious interest rates - both conventional and ARMs
(adjustable rate mortgages).

Millions who worked hard to keep up their payments to no avail in this
economic bust of an economy have been turned out of their homes, some of
them from homes they owned for 15 years or more.

Recently, in the spirit of Occupy Wall Street and its local incarnations,
Occupy Homes Minnesota has begun stonewalling such foreclosures on behalf
of Twin Cities homeowners, many of them in communities of color, where the
subprime market ran rampant or interest rates drove payments well beyond
the mortgagers ability to keep up.

The foreclosures have thrown thousands into the streets and homeless
shelters and left neighborhoods decimated of their housing stock while
rising vacancy rates turn communities into war zones.

One of the families resisting with the help of Occupy Homes MN is the Cruz
family of South Minneapolis. Despite promises to fix what was an unjust
demand for accelerated payments from the beginning - admitted by both PNC
Bank Mortgage Company and indicted, but bailed-out mortgage packaging
giant, Freddie Mac - several police raids and clashes with protesters has
led to well over a dozen arrests - including that of internationally
respected Minnesota-based hip hop artist, Brother Ali.
Capitolism

TTT's ANDY DRISCOLL and MICHELLE ALIMORADI talk with members of the Cruz
family and their advocates as well as Brother Ali himself.
GUESTS:
BROTHER ALI - International Rap Artist and member of the Occupy Homes
movement
DAVID CRUZ - Son of the first-generation Latino family homeowners losing
their home.
(possible: ALEJANDRA CRUZ - Daughter of the same family)
NICK ESPINOSA - An Organizer with Occupy Homes Minnesota

--------4 of 4--------

Capitolism

Our sadly depleted Uranus's
the DC Dems