One Night Stands--A Queer Art Celebration AND A New Queer Arts Space?!
From: Gadfly Theatre (gadflytheatregmail.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:57:02 -0800 (PST)
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: gadflytheatre [at] gmail.com

Gadfly Theatre Productions Presents

One Night Stands

February 9th, 2016 (Minneapolis/St. Paul) Sponsored by LUSH in Northeast
Minneapolis and their fabulous new event center, Gadfly Theatre
Productions’ One Night Stands brings together the best and queerest
entertainment the Twin Cities have to offer! Log out of Grindr, swipe left
on Tindr and join our friends with (donor) benefits at Lush March 17th,
18th, and 20th for a tawdry festival of queer music, comedy, and drag &
burlesque. Each One Night Stand features all LGBTQIAP+ artists in a
different medium every night! With headliners such as local hip-hop artist
Kaoz, comedian Maggie Farris, and burlesque performer Sweetpea, each night
is a perfect match for a truly memorable hookup. One Night Stands is a
production by Gadfly Theatre Productions that celebrates and elevates queer
performance art and the queers who create it. The acts featured are created
for and by members of the LGBTQIAP+ community as an alternative to a
mainstream culture that often times overlooks the amazing art being created
by marginalized individuals. Like our profile? Want to see our private
pics? We’re hoping that One Night Stands will lead to a LTR as we raise
funds to open a performance venue where more queer artists will have a safe
space to explore their art and identity, while being able to have their
unique voices heard. In addition to providing a unique opportunity for
queer artists to get paid, the proceeds from One Night Stands will go
toward opening the Gadfly Playground where all queer artists (in any
medium!) can come play in our space. In other words, we can host.

One Night Stands artists include Kaoz headlining Music Night on March 17th
and featuring two of the biggest voices coming out of Joey Schad and
superstar Mayda. Comedy Night on March 18th sees three of the funniest
people in the Twin Cities--Maggie Farris headlines and John Thomas and
Janna Syverson are gonna come make you laugh too. Our final night features
the Twin Cities’ primo Drag & Burlesque performers, with the incomparable
Sweetpea heading a host of talented performers such as, Esme Rodriguez,
Raven De’Mure, Queenie Von Curves, Marcel Michelle, and Damien D’Luxe.

Gadfly Theatre Productions is a queer and feminist theatre company devoted
to smashing the patriarchy, breaking binaries, and elevating marginalized
voices with evocative theatre and performance art. The company is seeking a
performance venue to root and grow our own work as well as offer truly
low-cost rentals to emerging or marginalized queer artists.

One Night Stands all take place in Lush’s New Performance venue at 7:00
P.M. If you’re unable to make the shows, please consider donating to our
IndieGoGo campaign
<https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/home-is-where-the-art-is--2>
for a new space!

Gadfly Theatre Productions Presents ONE NIGHT STANDS

Performance Dates:

A Night of Queer Music--March 17, 2016 $15 in advance, $20 at the door

    Featuring Kaoz, with Mayda and Joey Schad

A Night of Queer Comedy--March 18th, 2016 $15 in advance, $20 at the door

    Featuring Maggie Farris, with Janna Syverson and “Twin Cities Funniest
Person” John Thomas

A Night of Queer Drag and Burlesque--March 20th, 2016 $15 in advance, $20
at the door
    Hosted and featuring Sweetpea, with Queenie Von Curves, Damien D’Luxe,
Marcel Michelle, Raven De’Mure, and Esme Rodriguez

Location:

Lush Minneapolis

990 Central Ave NE

Minneapolis, MN 55413

There is a FREE lot across from the venue as well as street parking

Tickets:

$15 in advance, $20 at the door

Tickets can be purchased online at:
<http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/881798>LushMpls.com