Peace Begins_ Reading in Mpls 4/27
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:11:23 -0700 (PDT)
Patty sent this for Nancy Nielsen <nancywriter [at] visi.com>
It was posted by Fred, the list manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>
after copy/pasting the details from a .pdf file.

The Peace and Social Justice Writers Group
Invites You to a Reading
Wednesday, April 27th, 2011 7:00 - 8:00 PM
At The Loft Literary Center, 2nd Floor Performance Hall
at Open Book, 1011 Washington Ave. S., Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
The event is free.

Celebrating the Publication of:  Peace Begins

Members of the group will showcase pieces written and refined within the
group and contained in the chapbook Peace Begins. The poems, essays and
stories reveal a sense of hope, express anguish, and find comfort in places
like Assisi, Italy, a sandbox, Najaf, Iraq, and the evening news. Plan to mingle
with the writers afterwards and enjoy refreshments. Copies of Peace Begins
will be on sale before and after the event for $6.00.

The Loft's Peace and Social Justice Writers Group is a local community of
reflective individuals, culture critics, and humble souls with a worldwide
focus, who come together to raise awareness and promote understanding.
We believe that a more humane world is worth the effort, that healing is
possible, and that dialogue is necessary. We gather monthly, and by sharing
our writing and discussing works by writers who inspire and move us
toward action, we endeavor to refine our talents and use our creative craft
to promote peace and sustainable justice in our world.

Peace begins, not away from turmoil, struggle or disorder, but by tending to
these things with a calmness of heart.

Join us as we gather at the crossroads of peace, creativity and imagination.

Authors Presenting Works:
P.A. Pashibin
P.K. Amo
Burt Berlowe