Re: Retrofit Cohousing / terminology
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 94 16:17 CDT
David says

> Seems I remember that McCamant and Durrett copyrighted the term "Cohousing"
> in the course of publishing their book,  anyone know for sure?

In the first edition, it says:

Cohousing is a trademark of McCamant & Durrett. All rights reserved.  Contact
McCamant & Durrett through the publisher for permission to use the term.

I'm not sure exactly what restrictions on use the trademark status imposes.
It may just be that other commercial concerns cannot use it.  I wouldn't
have thought it affects us using the word as a piece of the normal
language (like kleenex).  But I don't know.

Stuart.