The Cohousing Option ; article in _Mothering_
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 94 23:16 CDT
A while back I mentioned cohousing to a woman who is a psychologist.
She first got it confused with the "communes of the sixties" and thought
it was a movement in decline.  So I explained it in more detail.
I saw her again later and she handed me a copy of an article
she had come across about cohousing:

The Cohousing Option by Mark Fearer  which was in the magazine
_Mothering_ in the Winter 1994 issue. pg 105

The article is 3 pages long plus a 1 page accompaning article by
Deborah Hyman of the WindSong Cohousing Association in British Columbia,
Canada.  The article does a good job of describing the community feel of
cohousing.

It is the sort of article that Judy Baxter lamented the absense of
on Cohousing-L.  Judy observed that Cohousing-L tends to discuss
the problemms and the details of getting it organized and built
rather than the joys that activists tend to take for granted.

I am not familiar with the publication _Mothering_ (I just got a copy of
the article).  My wife thinks it is found in food coops and "new age"
book stores.

As it happens Mark Fearer is a Cohousing-L subscriber (tho I dont think
he has posted to the list).  Congratulations Mark.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN  55411    |  Twin Cities Freenet  |