Re: Stuart's conference report
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 94 22:42 CDT
Stuart,
   Thanks for the report.  You can bet those of us who didn't
make it are wishing we had.

I'll just comment on a couple things.

On Mon, 17 Oct 94 19:42 CDT,
Stuart Staniford-Chen  <stanifor [at] cs.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>  All the cohousing-l people I met were
>nicer in person than I had expected.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is curious, let us know if you figure out what that means :)

>I'm not sure what that means.  A number of
>us had our photo taken together.  I'm hoping to get a copy of that and
>scan it in for the web pages.

>   The ones that made the
>most powerful impression on me where a presentation by Dorritt Fromm
>about Cohousing for Seniors (in Europe).  The basic idea is to do
>cohousing the regular way, but with the intent being to house all seniors

Hmmm I guess this surprizes me a bit; I'd expect mixed age communities
with special facilities / considerations for seniors to be
generally preferable.  Of course some seniors may prefer senior only
comunities.  Did this issue come up?

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN  55411    |  Twin Cities Freenet  |