Mexican community / housing activist's note (FWD)
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 94 08:21 CST
I (Fred - Cohousing-L sysop) just got the note below and decided to post
it to the list with part of my reply.

On 31 Oct 94 12:47:28 -0800,
quiron  <quiron [at] laneta.apc.org> wrote:

Dear Fred & others of the CoHousing Forum,

After years of work within organizations of the urban poor towards
community-controlled housing, neighborhoods and services, we are now involved
in a  project to develop a greenbelt network of rural/urban communities in the
area towards which urban sprawl is now threatening to expand.  We have just
read the "Housing Ourselves" book on Cohousing, and an issue of the CoHousing
publication, and feel so much in common with that movement, since our own work
has brought us to imagine similar ways of organizing housing and community.
Our system in Mexico (laneta/planeta) is just in the final stages of becoming
an interactive UNIX system, but we're still on a fido-type system.  Could you
please send us info as to how to participate in the Cohousing electronic
forum?  Our system operator is : adolfo [at] planeta.apc.org.  Thanks a million
&
best to you in your fine work!

>Pedro Moctezuma & Elaine Burns
>
>quiron (internet: quiron [at] laneta.apc.org)

Pedro and Elaine,
Thanks for you nice note.  Your work sounds most interesting.  I look
forward to reading more about it when you get on the Cohousing-L
(details for subscribing enclosed below).  In particular I wonder if you
are where you are in Mexico. Near Mexico City ?  I am posting this
to Cohousing-L also.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN  55411    |  Twin Cities Freenet  |