Fred urges you to subscribe to Cohousing Magazine
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 94 14:43 CST
On Wed, 19 Oct 94 11:23 CDT,
in a message: Re: The Cohousing Information Network
Rob Sandelin  <robsan [at] microsoft.com> wrote:

>1. The Cohousing Journal will remain a quarterly publication and might
>see some changes in format, like having regular columns on important
>topics.  Need to get everyone in the movement (yes folks, we are a
>movement now-we have a bumper sticker ; ) to subscribe and even buy a
>gift subscription to their local library.  This publication is
>currently operating at a deficit and needs subscription help to thrive
>and grow.  Send in your $25 please!!!!

On Fri, 21 Oct 1994 09:50:08 -0400,
in a message to me (Fred)
Cohomag [at] aol.com  (Don Lindemann) <Cohomag [at] aol.com> wrote:

>(Note:  the journal is currently struggling to stay afloat, although
>recent trends have been promising; please subscribe, tell your friends
>and help in whatever way you can to get the word out; we've found that
>we get a pretty good response rate from mailings to people referred to
>us from our current subscribers.)

I (Fred Olson, sysop of Cohousing-L) also urge you to subscribe and
promote subscriptions to Cohomag.
I admit that I have been a bit concerned by it's high cost per
issue --it took me a while to first subscribe because of this.
(I'm known by some as Frugal Fred).

However :
1) we need this resource which has to work financially
2) more subs may eventually bring the cost per issue down --
    e.g. by becoming more frequent some day (note this is not
    a promise, or even prediction -- just a Fred's hope.)
3)  if you read someone else's issue of Cohomag, and dont plan to
    subscribe (after considering it!) maybe you could send a
    contribution (ala shareware).

CoHousing is published quarterly by The CoHousing Network, P.O.Box 2584,
Berkeley, CA 94702; 510-526-6124.  $25.00 per year; sample issues $5.00.
Bulk rates available for groups and resale; please inquire.
The journal provides news and information about the development process
as well as life in CoHousing communities.  Four-page regional inserts
report on the activities of groups around the United States and Canada.
Comments/questions/Letters to the Editor may be forwarded to Don
Lindemann (cohomag [at] aol.com).

Note to the confused (like me): This publication is variously refered to
as "Cohousing" "Cohousing Magazine" "Cohousing Journal" and by me
somewhat tongue in cheek as "Cohousing-P" (P for paper).  It's all
the same publication...

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis, MN  55411    |  Twin Cities Freenet  |