Re: Heating issues (tech info on Energy Crafted Home spec)
From: Nancy E Wight (wightworld.std.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 94 21:02 CST
Steven asked:

> Nancy: Are the energy specs specific to your area of the country?  If
> not, what's the source for the specs, assuming they have a different set
> for the Southeast?  Thanks, Stephen at Blue Heron Farm.

Yes, these are specs particular to Massachussets.  I think the state along
with the electric companies came up with these guidelines for people to
build houses that would enable them to reduce their energy consumption by
50% for this area. The banks recognize these specs and will lend people
more money for their house because they know the utility bills will be much
lower. I don't know of any such thing anywhere else.

- Nancy

Nancy Wight                                   wight [at] world.std.com
New View Neighborhood Development             Acton, MA