commercial kitchens, again
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIHUBVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 09:21 CST
Well, I guess I wasn't very clear last week when I asked about commercial
kitchens  - now I think at least the question is clearer.

It sounds likely that we will be required to be a "commercial kitchen" because
are cooking for a large group on a regular basis.  We will, of course, find out
the local regs.  But there is some impression among a few people that there may
be some flexibility/room for interpretation  (Catherine Kehl wrote here, too,
that "I think Puget Ridge co-housing had to have a commercial kitchen, though
they were exempted from the two gender segregated bathroom bit (which often
comes with the commercial kitchen....)".

So, the questions are:
-Of the "built or designed groups"  - did you have to have a commercial Kitchen?
-Were you able to get any exemptions?
-How did you handle the requirements?  Make it more homey?

Any experience out there?
Judy

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu