RE: kitchen inspectors
From: John Eaton (johnehpvcle.vcd.hp.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 94 14:12 CST

> PS - I am pretty sure we have never told the County, nor do we intend
> to, that we actually use this kitchen to serve food for the community
> on a regular basis.  They see our commonhouse as a condo clubhouse for
> parties and such.  Much easier to let them believe that.  The last
> thing we want is weekly health dept. inspections or some other crap.
> Sorry you have to be in that mess, hope it turns out.

You do need to meet and exceed all health requirements. If several
of your group come down with E coli then you will be up the creek
without the paddle. If you do not let the county in then you better
maintain your own standards that will asure that nobody gets sick.

One big advantage with having an inspected kitchen is that you can
prepare food for resale. A lot of homemakers try to start cook at
home businesses only to be shut down because they do not have a
properly inspected kitchen.

John Eaton