Re: What do you call each other?
From: Richard Morley (CoHouseetobico.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 95 17:54 CST
In message <48346.fholson [at] maroon.tc.umn.edu> cohousing-l [at] uci.com
writes:

> How about simply  "one of my friends"

I think the sub-text in the original suggestion -- anyway, if it
wasn't a sub-text, allow me to introduce the idea here -- is this:
if we allow co-housing to insert itself into everyday
conversations about other subjects, we shall eventually end up
eliciting interest in co-housing itself at an appropriate
time.

>From personal experience in student co-ops, I would say this is correct --
I used just to say that a person was from my co-op.  Any time
later, people would ask about this co-op, and several people I
already knew ended up moving in.

Perhaps you can conceive of your co-housing as a kind of co-op, which
of course it is, and perhaps the word will enter your conversation
without branding you a subversive (which, in a way of course, you
are).  Then, of course, perhaps it won't; I suspect that quite a
bit varies with cultural context.

Regards,
--
Richard Morley