RE: Affordable housing
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (Jim_Snyder-Grant.LOTUScrd.lotus.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 08:47 CST
New View (Acton MA) is using two sorts of density bonuses:

1) Giving $100,000 to the affordable Housing Commission gave us 2 extra units.

2) Building an affordable unit ($90,000, in Acton, and the household has to
earn less than $38,500, I think)  on site gave us another.

Understanding & interpreting the affordable housing statute took a long time in
Acton & had some twists & turns (i.e. different officials told us different
things).  The bylaw in Acton is a bit 'rusty' from disuse. I might have the
exact numbers a bit wrong - the numbers changed a few times.

The process didn't add on to our development timeline, which was stretched by
other negotiating & permitting factors way beyond what the affordable housing
conversations took.

-JSG