3rd-level document
From: Greg Emil (geehal.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 14:07:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I'm yet-another-lurker, and although I haven't made the effort to introduce
myself formally yet -- if the Bios are formal ;-) -- I will *someday* (I'm
pretty busy these days). In the meantime, I am honored to be able to lurk
in this crowd, and I and my compatriots in the Violet Crown group here in
Austin truly value all that we find on this list.

I'm working on putting together a document that describes what we're all
about. This will be used as part of our marketing efforts, performing a
3rd-and-last-level function (after the 1st and 2nd levels described in
the CoHo Resource Guide -- many thanks to Rob for compiling that!!). This
document will be the last one potential members will be able to look at
before making a commitment to either becoming a development partner or
(eventually) buying into our community. We will identify what is already
decided and would be difficult to change, as well as what can be visited
again. As a play on our group's name, we're calling this document the
Royal Screed.

Last night, we put together the following outline for the Screed. We didn't
put any order to it, so I invite comments on the ordering of the outline,
items missing or incomplete, misspellings, innuendos -- everything!

1. Site selection criteria

2. Membership
    + anyone can join
    + financial considerations

3. Group organization
   + history
   + mission statement
   + officers, etc.
   + decision-making (consensus and fall-back voting)

4. Community living info
   + pets
   + guns
   + noise
   + kids
   + conflict resolution
   + meals "schedules" and dietary considerations
   + community work expectations

5. Member biographies

6. Design info
   + projected size of the development
   + unit size and customization options
   + building materials
   + remodeling options
   + community space -- common hall, gardens, etc.

7. Development strategy
   + Lot development model
   + corporation or partnership

Thanks to all!