Bio: Shava Nerad
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 95 08:52:47 CST
Shava SHAVA [at] NETWORK-SERVICES.UOREGON.EDU S: SHAVA [at] PHLOEM.UOREGON.EDU
is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
I'LL GET SHAVA'S ALAIS FIXED SOON , I PROMISE. :) Fred
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

Name:   Shava Nerad
Birthdate:  7/29/59
Marital status:  What year is it?  Oh yeah, getting divorced from
                my second, shacking up with maybe my third if I ever
                decide to formalize it again, legally...
Family:  In my house, my son Joseph (2.5), my sweetie Tyler (25)
                A very large extended family, mostly over the Internet
                (not virtual community -- old lovers, roommates, friends,
                just that we're scattered to the four winds).  Close and
                on good terms with most of my blood family, and one ex-
                husband -- which makes me the only one of that ilk I know
                in my age group among my friends...what does that *mean*?
Education:   self-educated.  Stole much of my education from MIT, sitting
                in on classes, or just on the job.  But that just covers
                the professional bits.  I'm also cited in the alt.drugs
                and alt.magick FAQs, but those aren't the top, probably,
                of things I'd like to be remembered for... a generalist.
E-Mail:   shava [at] darkwing.uoregon.edu
Home Address:    Eugene, OR (but prefer email for most stuff)
Phone # (optional): ask me
Community:  Erisian Fields Coh. of Lane CO OR
                http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~shava/idyll/
Location:  Lane County OR, somewhat displaced in time from the present
Stage of Development:  Email list, having our first potluck next week
What I do for money:  Internet consultant, universities, some consulting
                on the side.  I cut rates for communities, and barter
                time, if we can work it out...
What I do for fun:  cook, fiber arts, read, hike, play with my kid,
                play with my sweetie, strategy games, teach, write,
                magick and related Arts, comparative religion and
                various other subnerdly stuff...oh, yeah, and organize
                a co-housing group...and read up on land use legislation...
Best thing about community:  being woven in
Worst thing about community:  getting caught in the sticky strands of
                the web
If I were in charge, I would: shoot the grammar police.  Ummm... no,
                really...
(Macro)         I think I'd get rid of consumer culture, so
                folks could spend more time with their kids and
                communities and arts.
(Micro)         Add cohousing tenets to Oregon's Land Use code.
                At least, I hope that's micro...we'll see...
Other:          Over ten years experience with living in coops.
                Over ten years in a successful poly relationship,
                        which recently, admittedly, crashed and burned --
                        but that's a better track record than most
                        marriages, and had more to do, I think with
                        parenthood stress than polyness.
                Speaker-to-lawyers (for you Niven fans out there...)