Re: Re: Cohousing Alternative Descriptors?
From: Harry Pasternak (Harry_Pasternaktvo.org)
Date: 08 Aug 1995 13:15:07 GMT
Joani

You mentioned that:
" It doesn't take long to dissuade those who have to be told that we are not
communists or communards, nor to explain how we manage common meals or are
involved with the planning of the community from the earliest stages."

Your discussion made me aware of the fact that, here I am conversing with
folks on this conference and I don't even know how they actually define or
see "cohousing".

So.....I would really would be interested in- how everybody defines what
"cohousing" is,  in this conference. It would give me a framework for
focusing my dialogue.

If people are so inclined to post their definition of "cohousing", my
suggestion would be to keep it to thirty-five words or less in order to
crystalize the essence of people's thoughts (also necessary practise for
dealing with the media when it comes time to writing press releases- to get
interviews- in order to market a new collaborative/cohousing neighborhood to
potential participants---generally you only have a about 30 seconds during
the pre-press release telephone call to convince a "journalist" to cover your
story).

I will post mine as soon as I get back from looking a piece of land . It's
one potential site for a collaborative/cohousing intentional neighborhood.
It's on the edge of a substantial wild life reserve with second growth
forests, dozens of lakes and associated wetlands. It is serviced by a paved
road and is only 20 minutes from a good size urban centre. The land costs
will be approximately $1000. per "lot".

Harry Pasternak

- sent via an evaluation copy of BulkRate (unregistered).