Re: Commonhouse scullery conclusions
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 11:03:37 -0500
Bill Dean DEANWI [at] ASSEMBLY.CA.GOV
is the author of the message below but due
to a listserv problem it was posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop (Fred).
****************  FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS *********************

> 1. The dishes are collected and delivered to the scullery site.
> 2. Plates are banged against the side of a plastic food recycling
> garbage can, removing excess food.
> 3. Plates are placed in rack and slid over to the over head sprayer
> where remaining food is sprayed off.
>
> from the hot, wet rack and onto dish person unless tray is held away from
> body.
>
> Over the counter model steps:
>
> 4. Wet rack is slid directly into the dishwasher from the spray area.
> 5. Dishwasher cycles  (90 seconds)
> 6. Hot, wet rack is slid directly out of the dishwasher.
>
> 7. Hot wet racks are stored as dishes dry (about 5 minutes) then either
> unloaded or just left, depending on how many racks you have.

Aah, this brings back memories.

I agree that the ugliness and noise of the over-the-counter washer is a
tiny price to pay for ease of operation and safety.  Sliding the trays
on steel counters is definitely the way to go.

Bill Dean