The best advice????
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:48:51 -0500
This weekend Sharingwood hosted a gathering of local cohousers for a day
of sharing. During that event I got asked what I thought was an
interesting question: "Based on everything you have learned both here,
and elsewhere, what would be the one best piece of advice you could give
someone regarding living in cohousing"......

I thought about that question all day, and then came up with the answer:
Get a variety of perspectives. Visit other communities, watch their
meeting process, see how they do things. The broader your perspective
is, the more you will be able to understand your own community and its
workings.

During the gathering someone noticed that what they observed when
visiting Sharingwood was not consistent with what I had advised them to
do. My standard disclaimer is that my community is only one piece of my
perspective, and often the advice I give others may be based on the
mistakes we have made (or continue to make). So if you visit
Sharingwood, don't expect we actually do all the things I give advice
about.

Rob Sandelin
Who is not a spokesperson for Sharingwood, but lives there anyway.