stress, support
From: Judy (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 12:58:12 -0500
Robyn Williams,Pinakarri Community Inc. (Australia)
wrote:   7-OCT-1996

<Five years down the track and we've covered alot of ground, but the
emotional resources of our intentional community, co-housing style,
equity/non-equity co-op are stretched to the max.  These are high stress
times - design issues, funding issues, personal issues, space issues combine
with our fears, expectations, workloads >

What can we say ?  It DOES get better, and I still think CoHousing is where I
want  to be.  And it's a stretch. Someone (I think it was Zev Paiss) said, a
while ago, some variation on "Cohousing is the most expensive 5 year growth
experience of your life."  The commonalities of experience are there.  Those of
us who  have been/are in development know exactly what you mean. Rob Sandelin
posted the top 10 issues a while back, and gosh darn it, we had been dealing
with all of them.  Maybe he'll post them again (hint, hint).

I also  think it is critical to take care of yourselves, and try to avoid
burnout.  Rob posted something on that too, way back.

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
-- Resident of the "mansion"- the 1st 8 homes in a rehab Georgian building
built
as a retirment home in 1924 -
-- 7 new townhouses (additions to the community) are done! - and occupied, one
is for sale (rented through May),  - 3 BR, 2 car tuck under garage,
        $145,000