Protocol for hiring and monitoring consultants
From: DonPaladin (DonPaladinaol.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:25:24 -0700 (MST)
Hello Friends,

I have been lurking on the cohousing discussion list for about a month now.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Don  Richard Paladin; and, I am one of
fourteen members of Xwotqom (pronounced whot com) EcoVillage Group in
Bellingham, WA about 60 miles due south of Vancouver, Canada and 90 miles
north of Seattle, WA. We have been a group since Alan Carpenter  facilitated
 us in a workshop  on January 25, 1997.  I have cc?d some of our members who
are on line but have not subscribed to the cohousing list. At this time we
plan (have consensed--is that a word?) to build an ecovillage on between 80
and 120 acres with about 120 units in the Bellingham/Whatcom County area.

I am a member of the legal/financial business team. During our team meeting
last Friday we were discussing a process for hiring and monitoring
consultants. We realized that other groups must have developed some kind of
protocol (human resources interview and selection strategies).

Some of the issues we have discussed are: how to maintain quality control,
what process do we use to select a consultant candidate, how are members of
the community who may have skills that we may seek treated in this process,
are there screening devices developed by other cohousing communities to hire
consultants, how are human resources teams selected to be members of the
interview and quality control team, etc.

We would be honored and grateful for any information that you may send us. If
this topic has been already discussed and archived, I apologize for bringing
it up. I don?t remember seeing it when I reviewed the archives.  I would also
appreciate that if anyone has the web archive address that they send it to
myself and members of my community I have cc?d because the next issue we will
be working on in the legal team for the full membership is how we
configure/structure our community legally.

Thank you for your assistance.

Don Paladin
Xwotqom EcoVillage Group
Bellingham, WA

p.s. And yes, we replicated the community naming experience of other
communities when we tried to pick a name. A name at last! A name at last!  We
have a name at last!!!!