Re: COHOUSING-L digest 217
From: Eves (Evesaol.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 08:21:54 -0500
Dear John, Nancy and Noah, and other Co-housing-Cohorts,

hope your clean-up CNN time went well!!!1  You've my sympathy on the having
to decide whether to drop daily plan and clean up!

The questions of low-income accessibility was one we at Cantines Island,
Saugerties, N.Y.  thought we could offer.  I myself having been on the cusp!
 As it has turned out, the costs, while not extravagant, are not low-income
in our community....nothing under $120,000.  I'm sad about this....  We are
not developers and acted as our own..... [I think it's been made pretty clear
on these pages, that one who has oneself as a developer has a.... sitting
duck as a client!]
We are going to be moving in probably around Halloween, as I've noted before.
Still very much wanting more input re: how Co-Ho groups in residence assess
membership dues of 'near neighbors'... ie, folks who don't live on the
property but enjoy the priveledge of using it.  Any not-yet-in residence have
a solution detailed, glad to hear from you too!!

Best to all,
Ruth
Eves@AOL