Re: Call for slides
From: Deborah Behrens (debbehauto-trol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:44:57 -0600
> From dqs [at] world.std.com Mon Nov  3 06:16:23 1997 (Diane Simpson)
> I give alot of slide presentations (well..not a LOT..about one a month)
> about cohousing and I'm wondering if there are any urban or retrofit
> cohousing communities out there in the U.S. that I do not have slides of
> that would be willing to send me slides, or photographs that I could make
> into slides. Currently I have slides of:

 I figure that it would cost about $15 to do a roll of (24) slides.
 If each community did about 4 copies of 6 different shots on a roll,
 (or 3*8 or 2*12 - actually better IMO to do more copies of fewer pix)
 they could trade with other communities, for not very much cost.
 The unbuilt communities wouldn't have anything to trade, but the
 cost again wouldn't be that much.  Maybe we could request a certain
 variety of slides, some subset of:

        overall community layout -
             (an architectural rendering or scale model?)
        pedestrian way / common areas
        common house exterior
        common house interior - dining/kitchen in use
        kids play area(s)
        gardens
        parking lot area
        a typical residence (interior/exterior)
        A group shot of the community members
        something unique about the community

 We would want to include pix that demonstrated existing problems, and/or
 solutions to them - such as noise abatement, storage, table and chair
 types, stove/oven selections, communications systems, etc.

> By the way, a slide exchange might be a good idea for a benefit in a
> national cohousing organization.

Agreed.  Perhaps there could be a designated resource person in each
region that could have a copy of the slides, available for loan.

                      ~___~
                      (0 0)
 |  Debbie Behrens                  debbeh [at] auto-trol.com |
 |  Highline Crossing CoHousing          W (303)252-2215 |
 |   1611 W. Canal Ct Littleton CO 80120 Fx(303)252-2249 |
 |  Rocky Mountain Cohousing Assn        H (303)797-7779 |
 |     All opinions expressed are mine, and do not       |
 |         necessarily reflect the opinions of           |
 |        Highline Crossing or RMCA in general.          |

  • Call for slides Diane Simpson, November 3 1997
    • Re: Call for slides Deborah Behrens, November 3 1997