being your own developer
From: Hooverarc (Hooverarcaol.com)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 23:38:30 -0600
My group is thinking of  being its own developer-- That is we are considering
purchasing the land, installing the infrastructure, securing all the
neccessary permits, and hiring our own builder. We've heard some cohousing
groups have had problems being their own developer. I'm wondering if these
problems were usual building issues that can be encountered with any project
or if these were problems amongst the members of the group. One person in our
group is an architect and builder, so we will have someone with building
experience to direct us. I'd appreciate any info you have time to
share.Thanks
sharon hoover