reserve calculations
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:21:38 -0600
Re:reserves

Jack Sherwood (nov 15) used

<<To estimate MONTHLY RESERVE REQUIREMENTS--

At 3% annual inflation, $100 becomes:

* $134.39 in 10 years
.. . .
Then, at 5% annual interest earned on earlier payments, what is required . . .>

We were told to estimate replacement cost and lifetime, and to assume that
inflation  would be covered by income.  (I don't know how much difference that
makes).  Maybe that was a FNMA requirement - I don't remember.

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes and 8 coop apartments  in a rehab Georgian building
 built as a retirement home in 1924 -