Re:Privacy and Cohousing
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 03:23:04 -0600
I don't know that Katie McCamant has had the chance to  read this list very
regularly this last week, so I'll take the liberty of citing her on this
subject.  She says that concern about inadequate privacy is the single most
common concern of people before they move into cohousing, but is virtually
never a problem when those same people are actually living in cohousing.
I've visited 12 lived-in cohousing communities in the last two and a half
years. I usually ask what problems people have with life there, and not one
single person has ever mentioned inadequate privacy as a problem.  On the
other hand introvert/extrovert couples often comment about how well
cohousing satisfies both the privacy and the socialization needs of each
person.

Joani Blank
Old Oakland and Doyle Street Cohoisng--Near San Francisco.