Re: Parking
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsghotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 09:03:01 -0500
The scoop on parking at New View (Acton MA):

We had a number of households who really wanted drive-up parking. There
were a variety of reasons, but most of these households are one or more
of: older, disabled, with multiple kids, or used to and comfortable with
drive up parking.

Our site is on a hill that has a steep section in the middle. Our main
driveway snakes up one side of the hill, and drains into parking lots
near the top and bottom of the hill. Houses at that side of the hill
have drive-up parking: this is about 1/2 of our houses.

The houses are arranged, roughly speaking, in 4 clusters. In all but one
of these clusters, the area in the middle of the clusters is carfree,
and the area between the clusters is car free, so that there is a big
pedestrian area for informal socializing, kids play, etc.

The houses that are farther

Sometimes I call us New View carhousing, because of all the time we
spent thinking about cars.