helping folks move in
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:07:22 -0500
Hi-
I deleted the post (through the  looking glass #3, i think) , but had an
afterthought.

When people moved into Monterey Cohousing, both the 1st and 2nd
waves, we had so many other things going on  (construction and rehab)  that I
think pretty much all of us got help from non-cohousing friends.  I know I felt
it was just too much to ask, and I didn't pitch in with others.  Just one
experience.
Judy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House

We have a newly sealed  driveway, newly strengthened front pillars (yes, we
have pillars), some new carpet, and are getting new chimney caps and
tuckpointing. Hooray for reserves  (of course, we have a 1924 building).