Takoma Village Cohousing, Wash.,DC recruiting initial residents
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:20:42 -0500
  Send mail to mime [at] docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.

--------------12812DF31D1

Duncan Ferguson   ahd.inc [at] erols.com
EDG Architects  Bethesda, MD    301-654-0058
submitted the announcement below.  It is being forwarded to the list
by Fred the list manager.  Please note this if you reply.

Takoma Village:

AHD, Inc. a developer of multi-family housing is looking for 30 to 40
interested households to participate in a co-housing type community to
be located in Takoma, DC near the metro and downtown Takoma Park.  The
current site plan calls for a combination of two or three bedroom
townhouses and one bedroom flats with a community building, village
green and community garden.  We plan to incorporate green design
technology including passive and active solar energy use, renewable and
recyclable building materials.

One bedroom units will be priced around $75,000, two bedroom townhouses
around $125,000 and three bedroom townhouses around $165,000.  Optional
features such as car ports will be offered at an additional cost.

Prospective residents will be pre-qualified for financing and encouraged
to participate in the design process with the architect, builder and
developer.   Our schedule calls for construction to start early next
year and for the first units to be complete in the summer of 1999.

If you are interested in participating in this unique opportunity to
help shape your own living environment, please call AHD, Inc at
301-907-6660 to attend our initial organizational meeting which will be
held in September.

This is not a sales offering.

--------------12812DF31D1--