Re: Rental homes
From: fertilezone (fertilezoneebox.oo.net)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 02:05:04 -0500
Date sent:              Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:29:39 -0500
From:                   Brigitte Wilbern <allooui [at] erols.com>
Subject:                Re: Rental homes

> I just read a posting from you (in) July. ..Did you get any
Blueberry Hill in VA. ..Some owners will need boarders to help
(with) payments.
> My name is Brigitte and my email is
>        allooui [at] erols.com
> Thank you in advance if you can send something.
---------------------

Hello Brigitte,

Thank you for the warm invitation.  I have family and friends in or
near VA, and would be delighted to move there from Seattle.

Unfortunately my better half perceives some kind of forbidden terror
of the east coast, weather, storms, etc..

I produced a 10 year longitudinal study that proves Virginia has
more sunshine and warmer overall temperatures than Seattle, but
she swears some awful snow blizzard was in the news recently in
Virginia.

Well, you get the picture... When fear articulates reason,
persuasion has no power.  Nevertheless, I will keep your message
just in case.

Another idea is to recruit new interest in co-housing from your
nearest college.  Well screened college students may be more
likely to appeal to co-housing, than the traditional rental market.

You might post an ad with the college paper, housing office, or on
campus bulletin boards.  Parents and students use all of these
sources to find housing during college.  I happily sharing a 2
bedroom Apt. with 4 to 5 people at a time during my entire college
experience.

By the way, Rob Sandelin's original reply to my post is below.
This should help you with your efforts to find renters specifically
seeking co-housing.

Best wishes to you

Roger Ruhle, Co-housing WanaBe
Pre-Paid Legal Customer Service Associate
http://web.oo.net/ppl/