Developer putting equity in
From: Peter Scott (psak.planet.gen.nz)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 23:54:51 -0500
Greetings

We have had a number of preliminary interviews with developers/project managers.
When asked for their advice about using an equity developer or doing it
ourselves, they have all politely suggested that it would be good for us to find
a way of avoiding the developers 'slice'. My question is, is this a polite way
of them saying, what the hell is this cohousing thing all about, and no I don't
want to put any of my money into it!

If so I guess we expected this. Assuming we take their suggestion of retaining
them as a 'development manager' on a more or less fixed fee, how do we ensure
their performance. What happens if their judgements/actions lead to cost / time
/ quality problems?

Peter Scott
WENCP
NZ