Re: COHOUSING-L digest 624
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 01:18:26 -0500
In a message dated 9/30/98 7:16:49 AM, Gale <wmgale [at] concentric.net> wrote:

<<We want a pedestrian site with parking at the edge.
But how have people dealt with emergency access by vehicles (fire
and ambulance in particular) and occasional access as exemplified
by a moving van?>>

At Two Acre Wood in Sebastopol, we had a very tricky time fitting our 14 units
plus common house on two acres of land.  what we ended up with was parking at
one edge, and then a concrete plaza up the center that can be used by
emergency vehicles, but will otherwise be pedestrian only.  We figure the kids
will make good use of it with skates, bikes, balls, etc. and we'll watch from
our lawn chairs!  It was approved by the fire dept.  We are just in early
stages of constuction (yeah!!), so it's not physically there yet.  We;ll let
you know how it turns out.

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol
where my slab was poured yesterday - over the radiant heat tubing!!  Hard to
believe it's really happening, but you can't argue with concrete!!