Re: land easements, legal issues, qualifying for subsidies
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousemail.msn.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:28:08 -0500
Sharingwood Cohousing is in the process of creating a conservation easement
for our 25 acre greenbelt, with two goals, 1. to preserve our greenbelt in a
natural state for perpetuity, 2. reduce the operating expense of this land
to the lowest possible cost.

There are several programs at both a county, state and private level for
doing these things. Each has its attendant issues regarding tax benefits,
long term options,and degree of local control, which we are beginning to
sort through.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood Cohousing
Snohomish, WA
Our second phase now has water, power, water, gas, phone, cable TV, and the
playfield is graded. This weekends workparty will do the final rake and seed
work. Final road work is under investigation. Still have 2 lots left...I
think....Maybe only 1?