Re: Green Roads: Gravel-parking and kids
From: lilbert (lilbertconcentric.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:53:44 -0500
I know this is a little off the subject, but-
We have the kids playing in the parking lot problem too, and have mostly
solved it with a combination of strategies.  We have an alley where
people park, and very little space, since we are 25 households on 1.2
acres.  The kids really need to use the alley for play, so we just
installed some speed bumps to slow down teenege drivers(and those with
the hearts of teenagers) and we have made different use areas as well.
One side of the alley has a basketball hoop, and little kids aren't
allowed without supervision, and the other side is open to use by the
bigger kids, but they have to go behind the fence when a car comes in.
They are trainable, honest!  Little kids are to stay behind the fence at
all times, and they are mostly supervised, making it less of an issue.

Liz Stevenson
Southside Park cohousing