Regional mailing lists [was: Re: Philadelphia area coho newsletter
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:04:39 -0600
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Angela Ledgerwood wrote:

> Greetings!  I am planning to start writing a email-distributed
> newsletter that will focus on cohousing efforts in the Philadelphia,

Angela's message and Michael McIntyre's SE Mich meeting announcement
remind me and prompt me to write of my ongoing thoughts that it might be
useful to have a series of Regional cohousing email mailing lists.

I would expect these to distribute announcments and regional topic updates
primarily and thus be low volume lists that would hopefully have inclusive
subscriber lists.  That is, because of their low volume and regionally
specific content people would subscribe to these who don't choose to
participate in Cohousing-L's relatively high volume.

For each region's list a volunteer would be needed to manage and
promote it.  For someone active on the net this should not be too big a
task (as much effort as one cares to / can put into it...).  With the
availability of "free" (advertising supported) list servers that are now
available, starting such a list is pretty a straight forwards task.

There would be a number of things that could be done centrally to support
regional lists - contact info on www.cohousing.org, occasional
announcements on Cohousing-L, folks acting regionally may want to
occasionally port a message from cohousing-L to their lists.
Of course some of us could offer advice and aid to folks starting such
lists.

In fact a few lists that resemble this already exist in some regions.
I've been meaning to promote cohousing-MN for some time (see below) ...
(I would recommend this as a name pattern "cohousing-XX
where XX is a state or region abbreviation)

Fred

Cohousing Minnesota mailing list

To Subscribe: send blank e-mail to       cohousing-MN-subscribe [at] egroups.com
To Unsubscribe: send blank e-mail to   cohousing-MN-unsubscribe [at] egroups.com
To send msg to all subscribers of list email to:   cohousing-MN [at] egroups.com
List Archive:                     http://www.egroups.com/list/cohousing-MN/
List manager (human for help): Fred H. Olson          fholson [at] cohousing.org

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us