Re: Guest rooms and strangers
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:52:09 -0600
In a message dated 3/14/99 8:30:36 AM, Rob Sandelin (aka Dandelion!) writes:

<<It is a lot of work to coordinate tours long after you are built. As a
group, you really get no advantage for it other than perhaps some future
buyers of resold units.>>

Ah, but in most cases the advantage came before!!  Many of us at TAW have
hungrily toured every coho community within driving distance (and a few
farther), in our insatiable quest to know and experience all we could as we
planned our own experiment.  these tours were invaluable and at every turn we
were warmly welcomed - some even had their kids sleep elsewhere so we could
have a bed!!

It would be a great loss to the "movement" if these opportunties did not
exist.

However, in fairness to Patty, I can totally understand their position.  At
this moment (a couple months before move-in and five years after starting!),
most of us will not want to have to talk about how it all came about for along
time I think.  When we first started, I thought, it would be cool to be a coho
consultant after ours was built.  Right now, I cannot even imagine the
prospect - I am so burned out!!

BUT, after some time has passed and we are all settled in, I know I will be
eager once again to share our experience.  So, maybe a grace period after
move-in is the answer??

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol, CA
(my sheetrock is in!!!)