Re: Cleaning the common house
From: Barbara & Mark Andre (mbawebaccess.net)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:59:44 -0600
Our community showed strong resistance to any requirement for sharing the chore
of cleaning the common house. We have chosen to hire someone to clean it on a
weekly basis (more or less). At least three members of the community have taken
turns being that "someone," and we have also paid other people, usually friends
of community members, to do the work. We collect cleaning fees as part of the
HOA dues, to the tune of $2500 a year (divided among households by number of
residents age 1 year and older). The cleaning budget allows for extra carpet
cleaning and window washing not done on a weekly basis, as well as quarterly
"deep-cleaning."

Barb Andre
Greyrock Commons
Fort Collins, Colorado