Re: Downshifting
From: Kevin Wolf (kjwolfdcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:24:42 -0500
Pamela
One of the good things about N Street Cohousing is that there are a number of
members who work or study out of their homes and thus are around during the
week.  We take breaks, sometimes see each other for lunch, doing laundry,
working in the garden etc.  We are incredibly valuable to each other and other
parents in helping with the car loaning, kid watching, and other day to day
needs.  Most of us don't make as much money as if we worked in "real" jobs but
no commuting expenses, tax writeoffs, etc make up for a lot of it.  Maybe you
bite the big one and get the mortgage while your incomes are high and then
gradually shift to the lower end lifestyle by using work from home as a
transition.  Unless you have a good set of tax returns that show you making
money for a few years from your at home business, it is much easier to qualify
for the loan while working for the system.

Good luck.

Kevin