Cohousing Home Exchange?
From: Diane Kallas (dkallasdcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:56:50 -0500
Dear Fellow CoHouser,

We are interested in a trip to another part of the country this summer.
Anywhere on the East Coast is preferred, but we are open to other suggestions.
We are interested in exchanging houses with someone who is interested in a
vacation in Northern California, combined with a cohousing experience.

Home exchange is a clever way to reduce the cost of vacationing, just as
cohousing is a clever way to live.

We live at Muir Commons, a 26-unit cohousing community in the college town of
Davis, California.  Davis has much to offer in the summer: nearby Lake
Berryesea and the University and city pools for swimming; a twice weekly
farmer?s market with special children?s activities, dining and music;
University cultural events, arboretum, and museums; horseback riding, golf,
bicycling, brew-your-own beer, paint-your-own pottery.   Davis has fine and
casual dining, coffeehouses, movie and live theaters.  Davis is also centrally
located for other Northern California sights.  We are 15 minutes west of
Sacramento, 1 hour to the wine country, 1 and ½ hours to San Francisco, 2 and ½
hours to Lake Tahoe and the Sierras, 3 hours to Monterey, 3 hours to Yosemite.

Our house has three bedrooms (one room with a twin, one with twin bunk beds and
MANY toys, one with a double and a twin pushed together.)  We have two cars
available to trade.  We have a cat, two guinea pigs, and a gecko.  Our
neighbors can care for the pets, or we can pet exchange as well.  Our community
has a hot tub, garden, and orchard.  The common house has a guest room, laundry
facilities, and of course, dining room and kitchen.

We are interested in a trade between June 1st and August 14th for anywhere from
one week to one month.

If you or any of your friends are interested in further discussion or need more
information, we can be reached by telephone (530)757-2347, e-mail
dkallas [at] dcn.davis.ca.us or mail at 2225 Shasta Dr., Davis, CA 95616.

 Hope to hear from you soon,

Diane Kallas and Bruce Koller