Re: ROMANTICIZING COHOUSING
From: S. Hamer (shamer_excite.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:07:48 -0600 (MDT)
The idea of multiple romantic relationships does sound like something from
the sixties. I agree with the person who said it is destructive in the long
run to all relationships. I'm sure there are a few that have worked, but for
the majority, I think it is a bad idea. BEsides, with kids and work and
meetings and shopping and doctors appts. and piano lessons,etc. my husband
and I barely have time to say hello to each other. Where would we find time
to "say hello" to anyone else!!

In fact, I would be surprised if it happened much in cohousing. I think of
my cohousing neighbors as an extended family, and believe me, romance and
family do not go together in my book!! I'm hoping that's the case for the
kids as well.

Sharon Hamer
Cambridge Cohousing
shamer_ [at] excite.com