Re: Hmmmmmmmm
From: Grace Benjamin (grey_seahotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:02:14 -0600 (MDT)
Hello everybody!!

Howard's made some really helpful points here, and they raise some more
questions for me, that I think everyone could benefit from the answers to...

I'm curious to know if your children were to come home with some general,
nebulous; but nonetheless present feelings against your chosen lifestyle-
how would that affect your relationship with your child's, friend's family?
Would you attribute their negative feelings to their interaction with that
family, or just how do think it would all play out?

Secondly, I don't think any of us reading ever imagined sex on the lawn (I'm
almost sure you didn't say that, but it was mentioned somewhere along the
line, and a cute/funny way of getting a little perspective on the topic) or
soft porn dinner discussions.  What I know I imagined, but didn't have a
competent way to articulate until you mentioned your personal experience-
was a messy divorce, or even an amicable one; or on the other side of the
coin a bumpy, burgeoning romance...  I wonder what those things even mean in
this context,  I'm guessing that they are emotionally demanding experiences
for you; and wondering how that in turn impacts your neighbors.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you're comfortable with.  Thanks also for
putting so much of yourself into your communication with the list!!

I'm sorry I didn't stop to note the names, but thanks to everyone who's
suggested books for me to read...I appreciate your input:)

Blessings and everything good-
Grace