Shared copyright
From: Robin Allison (ecohousingxtra.co.nz)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:47:13 -0700 (MST)
< Would you be willing to share your Common House design with us?
  Answer:  I would, but I don't know if the architect will allow us to
send the plans. >

We negotiated shared copyright of all plans with our architect to allow
for just these sorts of possibilities. This means that both the
architect and our group can publish or pass on copies of the plans
without needing the permission of the other. I expect we'll respectfully
inform each other before doing so.

In general, I support the creator (architect, writer, etc) having
copyright over their creation (I'm an architect too!), but cohousing
feels like a special case where the design arises out of the vision and
efforts of the group, and arranging joint copyright felt like the
equitable thing to do.

I'd be interested in others' comments on this.

Regards,
Robin Allison
Waitakere Eco-Neighbourhood Cohousing Project
Auckland, New Zealand

where we lodged our planning consent with the council the day before
Christmas after a sterling effort, and have since had 3 weeks wonderful
holiday. Now trying to get the brain back into gear for the year ahead!