Cohousing in Cambridge, Massachusetts
From: Michael Arnott (mikearnottjuno.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:28:58 -0600 (MDT)
The following is from the Cornerstone Cohousing monthly newsletter.  We
are about to start construction on the land we own in North Cambridge.
We have jsut a few townhouses left.  Interested?

Michael Arnott

VILLAGE HAPPENINGS
Newsletter of Cornerstone Cohousing Village
Cambridge, Massachusetts
April, 2000

NEW WEB PAGE
Check out our new web page at www.cornerstonecohousing.org.

MEMBERSHIP DRIVE TAKES OFF
Our March 16 orientation brought a flood of interested households to
learn
more about Cornerstone.  Since then, Full Member and Associate Member
applications have started to come in.

A few folks wanted more information about getting on the waiting list for

apartments.  However, the greatest interest was in our remaining
townhouse
units, as well as the shared townhouse concept.  The project has 4 end
townhouses left - and only seven total remaining, but competition is
picking
up!

We urge all prospective members to get your applications in.  Everyone
must
go through the Associate Member process before applying for Full Member
status and claiming a unit.

Questions?  Concerns?  Can't find your application?  Contact our
Membership
Committee: Jeb Mays - (617) 576-3836 or e-mail jagate [at] aol.com

And join us at any of the upcoming events.  We especially welcome
prospectives at the potluck meals and the Full Moon Cafe, where you'll
have
time to get to know some Cornerstone folks and find answers to some of
your
have time to get to know some Cornerstone folks and have your questions
answered by live Cornerstone members!

WE'RE FAMOUS!

Well, maybe not FAMOUS, but Cornerstone was the lead article in the
Boston
Globe's Real Estate section on Saturday, March 4.

CORNERSTONE CAFE AT THE FULL MOON
Saturday, April 8,
3:15 - 4:30 pm
344 Huron Avenue, Cambridge

Join us at this family-friendly Cambridge restaurant to discuss living
and
raising children in cohousing, and to learn more about Cornerstone.
Children
welcome!

MISSED THE LAST ORIENTATION?
(Then be there for the next one!)
Tuesday, April 18, 7 - 9 pm
Arlington Senior Center, 27 Maple Street, Arlington
(corner of Maple & Academy)
>From Massachusetts Avenue going toward Lexington, turn left just past
Town
Hall onto Academy.
>From Pleasant Street (Rte 60), turn north onto Maple, and continue until
just
before the corner of Academy.  Park behind the building.