Cascadia Commons Signs Loan, Construction Officially Begins!
From: Gretchen Westlight (grenagora.rdrop.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 23:43:05 -0600 (MDT)
Greetings -

On Monday March 20, Cascadia Commons *finally* signed our construction
loan!  Our contractor was so confident about the loan coming through that
he had been working for over a month, but now Phase 1 has officially
begun.  From the "fiscal inferno" to "construction chaos" -- whee!

Phase 1 consists of renovating the 13 existing townhouse duplexes in the
north side cluster, constructing a new 14th home among them, framing the
Common House, and some site work.  Move-ins may start as early as the end
of June!  (Although July is more likely.)

When enough Phase 1 homes are sold to pay off the Phase 1 loan (we have
the minimum number of commitments already), we will get another loan and
Phase 2 will begin.  This involves completing the Common House, building
12 new homes in a south side cluster, and final site work.  We are
expecting those move-ins to happen around January 2001.

Currently we are 12 member households, so we are looking for 14 more.  All
sizes of new homes are available (1-, 2- and 3-bedroom), and a few
2-bedroom rehabs are still unclaimed.  We are located in the West Slope
neighborhood of Portland, Oregon.  Our 3-acre site is convenient to public
transit and downtown, and offers a wooded wetland songbird habitat within
walking distance to shops, movie theatres, grocery stores, and other
conveniences.  Interested parties can contact me, or cccoho [at] teleport.com,
or go through our website: www.cascadiacommons.com.

Our website, like our homes, is under construction.  Nonetheless, we have
a few recent "before and during" construction comparison photos on our
Latest Events page!  Floor plans for unclaimed homes will soon be
available for viewing, and much more, so check us out occasionally.

We had an Open Site today (we have them once a month, or private tours by
arrangement), and I got to go through every room of my house!  It was so
cool.  I'm totally delighted with the work the architect did, and with the
work the contractor is doing!  Things are finally working out.  It's going
to be a wonderful, wonderful place to live.  Come join us!

"Ain't no stopping us now!"

Gretchen Westlight, one ecstatic member of Cascadia Commons Cohousing

--
gren [at] agora.rdrop.com                       Cascadia Commons Cohousing
www.ogi.edu/~gren/                      Portland, Oregon, USA