Re: Common House Postal Mail
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 07:06:34 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Lynn Nadeau welcome [at] olympus.net wrote:

> I want to have our postal mail, for 24 households, delivered to boxes in
> the foyer of the common house. And to design  or buy appropriate boxes
> for that use.

Mailboxes came up the other day when I was talking to Dorthea of Monterey
Cohousing.  They have a simple array of wood (?) open boxes in the common
house. The groups' mail is delivered to one big box outside and a
community task is to sort it. Under what conditions will the mail delivery
person sort mail into individual boxes?  We assumed that the post office
would have to have a key to the common house.

Fred

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm