Re: Optimal Cluster Size
From: Jasmine Gold (juturnaix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:29:01 -0600 (MDT)
> With medium sizes, which they sized as  12-18 households), there was enough
> space for individual differences etc.
>
> With cohousing groups with more than 20 households, they found that
> inhabitants complained of the anonimity, unyieldy decision making etc.

I recall hearing slightly different numbers. What I once heard from them
(but it may have been secondhand), was that 20-30 was ideal for forming
relationships. With 12, there is usually only 1 or 2 people that you
really connect with. With 20-30 there is usually around 5. Once you get
over around 35, the group starts becoming too large to function as one
community and the decisions become too unwieldy.

--Jasmine Gold